Sunday, September 21, 2008

Reagan's 6 Month Doctors Appointment






Reagan had her 6 month well baby doctors apt. on the 11th. She weighed 16 pounds 2 ounces and was 27 inches long. This the 50% for weight and the 90% for height. So I guess she is going to take after Steve in that respect. Unfortunately, at the time, she had a runny nose and we thought it might be a cold so we had to come back a week later to get her shots. This is her third round of vaccines, and the first that she has had any kind of reaction to. She was very lethargic all evening, and when I went to give her her squash for dinner, she fell sound asleep in her little chair while she was eating! At that point I knew she wasn't herself because this is the baby that won't go to sleep for anything. Plus, she has her daddy's appetite and eating is usually always first priority. She was also very affectionate and cuddly when usually she is too busy for such things. She woke up in the night with a fever and was still very sleepy the next day, but after that she was back to her old active self :) The good news is, she is set for shots until one year.....but I guess at this rate, that will be here before we know it!
We have also recently added veggies to Reagan's diet. She has had both squash and sweet potatoes now and seems to like both. I made two big batches in the food processor. I don't know how long I will keep making the food from scratch as it can be very time consuming, but for now, it is doable.
Steve and I went out last night probably for the first time since Reagan was born. Breanna, our babysitter, came over, did the whole bed time routine and got Reagan to sleep with no problem at all. It was so nice to know she was sleeping safe and sound so we could enjoy our dinner and a movie.
What a wonderful six months it has been!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you went to dinner together! And pulling up at 6 months-Reagan is superbaby! Can't wait to see her(and you!) Love from all of us!

Anonymous said...

Hooray for Date Night! I'm glad you found a babysitter. Talk to you soon!

Crazy Love said...

I cannot believe she is 6 months old. WOW!