Monday, May 5, 2008




March 27th
About 2 hours after Grandma Barb left to go home to Michigan, Andrew and Niki arrived! It has been so nice to have them here and watch them interact with Reagan. Niki is such a natural and Andrew likes to hold her and he even changes diapers. They will be such great parents themselves someday! I just wish we didn’t live so far from them! They are so fun to be with!

We also had Reagan’s two-week well baby check up today. We were so happy to learn that she weighs 7 pounds 6 ounces! This means she is getting enough breast milk and she is now well above her birth weight. This is also great because the lactation consultant said I could now start phasing out the pumping sessions. Sometimes with all this pumping and feeding, I feel like a real Dairy Queen :)

March 30th
Well, yesterday afternoon Denise and Catherine got here and they will be here for a week as it is Cate’s spring break. It is so great to have them here. Andrew and Niki leave this afternoon and we are pretty sad about that. They have both been so good with Reagan and it has been great to spend time with them.

April 11, 2008
Well, another round of company has come and gone. Tommy came for a week on his way home from Spring Break and Cap came for 2 days and just left today. I think they both instantly fell in love with Reagan. I don’t know how they could not. She is such an angel. She really isn’t fussy too often and she has been sleeping and eating well. We have only had one scary incident so far. A few nights ago (when it was just Karly and I with Reagan. Steve was at an overnight in Clemson) she was extremely fussy after a midnight feeding. Neither Karly nor I could calm her down. We tried everything and she began crying real tears and screaming at the top of her lungs. At that point, I was desperate and decided to call my neighbor, Stephanie (she used to be a neonatal nurse). It was midnight of course but she came rushing over and put us at ease. As soon as she held Reagan she immediately stopped fussing and seemed to relax. We determined it was just bad gas and ever since I have been really careful about what I eat. I have cut out dairy and am drinking only soymilk. Thank God for Stephanie! I think she really is Reagan’s guardian angel!

No comments: